Oromia Bureau of Finance and Economic Development, which was established in 1994, is merged from two former bureaus, namely, Oromia Bureau of Planning and Economic Development and Bureau of Finance according to the proclamation No. 50/1994 of Oromia Regional Government.
Duties and Responsiblities of The Bureau
- Controls(government) executive bodies of the region that they are properly following and implementing strategies, rules and regulations of Finance and Economic Development of the federal and regional governments.
- Develops regional economic plans(strategic, tactical and operational) based on the strategy of federal and regional governements; When allowed, it controls its implementation. Gives technical support on preparation and implemetation of projects, gives training too.
- Realizes interests and advantages of women within the regional economic development.
- Facilitates and controls the participation of the regional society in the project from its initiation upto its implemetation.
- Prepares annual budget(Capital and Recurrent) and presents for the Caffee(council) for last decision and administers the approved budget.
- Prepares strategic, tactical and operational plan of projects carried out by government budget with the help of responsible bodies as well avaluate, monitor and gives technical support.
- Prepares and presents to the Caffee(Council) a general report about finance and government resource administration of the region. Prepares supplementory budget request on demand.
- Allocates budget for sector, zones, anas(woredas) based on necessary criteria and reports for responsible body.
- Establishes government financial accounting systems, monitors/controls its implementation and evaluates/audits accounting records.
- Signs internal Credits in place of government, controls and administers the credits
- Records and administers both transferrable and none-transferable shares which are government properties.
- Develops guidelines about purchasing and using government properties and works for its implementation
- Responsible fo administer government properties that are not administered by either governmental organization or not utilized yet or not administered by person or legal entity.
- Studies and programs projects requested by different sectors in order to be backed by capital budgets; controls the progress of each projects and capital budgets allocated. Based on demands, it identifies critical projects and implements.
- Prepares statistical and profile of the region by collecting natural resources economy and society data.
- Collects, analysis and orginzes society data that shows sex, age, educational status, occupation, family number.
- Prepares maps and geographical studies that are impotant for economic devevelopment of the region.
- Coordinates the implementation of population programs related, controls and evaluates population plans and its implementation.
- Develops regional population strategy, carries out the economic and demographic growth relationship study.
- Devlelops guidelines about how information, education and communication of the society will be guided and reached.
- Using modern technologies it collects geological data, analysis and distributes.
- Controls the activities of NGOs.
- Prepares regional income accounts that shows the economic status.
|Last Updated on Thursday, 12 December 2013 07:30